Thursday 1 January 2015

Breaking Free - Reflections of the Year that Was..

A fresh start. A new chapter in life waiting to be written. New questions to be asked, embraced, and loved. Answers to be discovered and then lived in this transformative year of delight and self-discovery. Today carve out a quiet interlude for yourself in which to dream, pen in hand. Only dreams give birth to change.

I echo the words of Sarah Ban Breathnach

Looking Back

Amazing how time flies, days turn into weeks, months and years. One moment we are infants the next we are adults. It’s been a while since I last posted on my blog, for a reason or 2 it’s been difficult just finding that space, quiet and some good music for this. I’m hoping this will change with time though.

Back to the agenda…

As I read from the script of my life; we have moved forward to a new year, I can’t help but reflect on the year that was. The year 2014 began, as most do, with a lot of expectations, hope for the best and anxiety for the future. It’s been a year of a kind; tears, laughter, surprises, milestones and breaking free.

If the value of a person’s life is measured by their experience, and whether they've lived their life to fulfillment. I think I’ll give 2014 a pass; I can summarize my culmination of 2014 in two simple words “Breaking Free” free from my comfort zone, to explore and discover the newness of life.

2014 was the year I made several marks in my career, made tough decisions, treaded on fiery grounds, I simply out did myself! And not to forget that this is the year I achieved a milestone in my years of existence – thanks to God, I celebrated my silver anniversary! And honestly it was the best feeling and the most memorable moment for the year – my silver lining. I am pleased I have been patient, after all that is one of the toughest things to do, but being patient has allowed me to learn and grow as an individual and hopefully 2015 will be a reflection of my sacrifice and input over the past 2 years.

But it hasn’t all been sunny days; dark days were experienced too it has been a tough year. I’ve had a lot on my plate and at times it has taken its toll. I’ve felt like running away more times this year that I’d care to admit. The feeling of being pulled in so many directions when my heart simply wants to go one way has been tough. At times I’ve felt selfish, at times I’ve had my patience fail and been horribly overwhelmed. But my resilience has been outstanding I’m here and I made it when there were certainly moments I thought I wouldn’t.

It doesn’t go without mention though that as each year passes by we come across angels in our lives and moments that take our breath away. I would like to appreciate my friends and family for the special moments we shared in the past year.
This year I managed to not only find myself but make peace with myself. On a deeper level, that has been the most personal of journeys for the year and one I am proud of.

I believe in living life the way that you want to live it every day, and if you do that, you don’t really need to have New Year’s resolutions. 
– Tom Ford

Each year is a gift, filled with profound opportunities for growth and enlightenment. If there was one lesson that was most significant in 2014, it would be resilience, sacrifice, determination to act on what I believe in, that after all has been said and done I have me, my future to build on.
Once upon a time, 2015 sounded so futuristic. Now it’s here. It’s the year of new beginnings and discoveries. My horoscope says… Go for what you believe in, explore, discover and live life to the fullest!

Break Free!

Written By:
Dorcas Waringa

1/01/2015

No comments:

Post a Comment